Commuter Car

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM
Here are a few before pics of the commuter car I bought (with the help of some friends) from an auto auction. It is a 1995 Honda Accord with about 174,000 miles.

It was a great buy and only needs a hood and a few minor details to be fully functional. This will
be a great car to travel between Rigby and Pocatello for school methinks. The fuel economy is astounding compared to the Tahoe and when it is all said and done, I will have a car for under $1,000.

When we got to the auction to pick up the cars (3 for the day), although the Honda had a run and drive certification from the auction house, the radiator was leaking and had to be replaced before I could drive it home. Lucky for me, Jeremy Cutts was
there; he was the one who set up the purchase and allowed me to travel with him to pick up the vehicles. After procuring a new radiator in Bountiful, we threw it in the car on the side of the road, filled it up with anti-freeze and were off in a short amount of time.
It should be a fun project to bang out before school starts next week. With a little TLC it will look better and save me money in the long run. But hey, I found $1.28 in the ashtray, so it is already paying for itself :o)

This is a photo of me driving the Pontiac (another car we brought back) taken by Jeremy's wife from the Honda while on the interstate.


0 comments

Post a Comment